RPG Archives Vampire Reign II - [RPG In-Game] Vampire Reign

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kamui, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Athena blinked and said, "No I wasn't bitten but I must go back there. One of the vampires there saved me from that very fate and I can't leave him behind, he was about to surrender himself to the Vampire King and allow himself to be used by him and I can't allow that. He is a good man and I have another vampire friend who is also bent on making sure I was safe as well. I deeply appreciate what you did for me but... I can't leave my friends behind." She went to leave but stopped at the door and said, "My name is Athena and I hope we can still be friends and perhaps you can help me. My little sister, her name is Reina, I understand that one of the resistence groups took her in. Please don't tell her that I'm alive. I know that by staying with my Vampire friends and helping them resist the Vampire King's rule that I am putting myself in danger of becoming a vampire myself. Please don't mention me to her if it is your group that has taken her in. When the time is right I will come back to her."

Athena then smiled and began making her way back to her friends. She wouldn't abandon them especially with more vampire assassins on their way.

ooc: My Brother can't play Reina so I'm going to take back that role from him if its alright and I thought that this would be a good way to bring her in.

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Leon tensed but didn't flinch when the light passed over him. It reminded him of sunlight. Hills, rivers, mountains, sparkling in the noonday light. But even if the shroud of darkness cleared from the land, Leon knew the sunlight was lost to him.

Athena freed herself from Darien's grasp, and was approached by Vencil, then swept up by Asu. In a span of about 30 seconds, Athena was taken from him. <Maybe...maybe this is better. Athena will be out of immediate danger while accompanied by this assassin.>

Leon returned his attention back to his immediate danger. Darius. Leon almost let a low moan of despair escape his lips, but cut it short at once. <Why does he walk so slowly? He thinks I am frozen with fear?>

Leon now had no incentive to stay. Athena was out of danger.

<I won't do what he wants me to do. He wants me to stand and fight. I won't be goaded into following his unspoken words. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? >

Leon walked calmly past Darius, not speaking a word. Then, he lost himself in the shadows.

3. Nepthys

Nepthys New Member

Asu moved quickly, her eyes dancing dangerously with anger. She grabbed Athena's arm and forced her away from the door. Her grip was probably too tight, but Asu's anger was threatening to make her do worse.

"You naive fool! Do you think by going in there" she pointed roughly at the door, "that you'll do anyone any good? If you go in there I will kill you myself, before you even get the chance to open the door. For your destiny will be sealed by your own hands, and you will then force my hand." She spoke clearly, slowly, and with a deadly tone in her voice, "I. Will. Kill. You. For if I keep any one from becoming a vampire, I will. That is my job. That is what I was trained to do. You took me away from a fight, though I did it myself, because I can not bear to think of another turning." She released Athena's arm and stepped back a few steps, drew her gun and pointed it levely at her. Her eyes were void of emotion, and she wanted calmly to see Athena's choice. She then added, her voice as toneless as her eyes, "The hit squad already went up there. They will kill any vampire on sight."

4. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Roneri looked at Vencil calmly. She was about to strike another, this time to the head, making it final. But then the light came. She winced just slightly and put her arms in front of her eyes. Once it was over, it took a few moment for the spots infront of her eyes to dissappear. Once they were gone, when she could see as well as before, she glanced all around for a Yamamorii. She spat.
    They must have already fled... She told herself.
    That never meant well for the vampires, when a Yamamorii runs from a scene immediately. She walked over to about six feet from Darius, waiting to see what he thought.
    She looked at him.
    They should be here soon.... she thought.

5. Old_Coyote

Old_Coyote New Member

<A light rune. How quaint.> Darius thought. This type of spell may have singed the skin of weaker vampires but Darius was impervious to almost anything but direct sunlight. If this is a Yamamori scheme they would probably send reinforcements soon.

He wanted to avoid an all out battle because he wanted to fight the halfling in a fair fight. This is why he only watched as the halfling walked by him into the night. He then decided to tell his remaining followers to retreat. "Fall back. Every human killed is one less vampire. There is no point in killing what we can turn." He then retreated into the darkness of the eternal night.

6. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Setsaki held out his hands and the stake appeared back into them. "Hmm, very clever Darius. But, if you think we will send a strike force, here I am!"

Setsaki flew down next to Roneri. "No, I didn't flee, I am merely hunting my prey in a different way. And if you think we shall send a strike force or a retaliation battalion. Here I am."

Setsaki stared at Roneri, his gaze piercing.

7. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Roneri stared at Setsaki momentarily, her stare just as intense as his, from the side. Then out of the blue, she smiled, "Good." She said, immediately kicking him in the chest, ready for a good fight.

For a moment she thought of entering the shadows, but then...
    Where's the fun in that...? she thought to herself. She would wait for that. At least, until she gets bored fighting him head on. She stayed about two feet away, making sure she wasn't close enough for any real hits, not that she thought it would matter. What she really had to watch was the stakes, which were easy to dodge. She looked at him, her feet firm on the ground and her balance perfect.

8. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Vencil heard two shots ring out, and felt a biting pain in his shoulder. He let go of the girl, and then she was gone. He looked around, slightly confused, holding his bleeding shoulder.
    <That was a Yamamorii bullet...> he thought. <Good thing it missed it's mark... But the one that shot it is already gone... I was right... More are coming...> He noticed that the female vampire was fighting with another one now. He saw his opening, and jumped up to the roof top. He quickly leapt from building to building, until he was a good five or six blocks away from where the chaos was about to start.
    <The girl... I hope she's alright...>

9. Kamui

Setsaki smiled.

"I truly hope you enjoy dying." He walked into a large shadow and dropped into it. Then he appeared behind Roneri without making a sound. He pulled his gun out and cocked the slide.

Then he pulled out one of his silver bladded throwing knives and pressed it against Roneri's throat. "Do you feel it?"

10. Meaikoh

Leon looked up at the morose sky. It was so dark, dark like his thoughts. That black-hearted cur Darius gave him no peace. <Why did I ever leave Denmark? Why did I ever leave Elsinore?>

Leon climbed a building swiftly and silently, coming to rest at the top. He sat down. <I know why I left. It's my duty. It was all so long ago, but it feels like it was just the other day. Damn you, Darius. But you are already damned...And so am I.>

Leon took off his jacket, laying it beside him. He checked the buckles of the sheathes that held his throwing knives. They were secure. <Like mighty Beowulf I tried to slay my own Grendel, and protect Denmark. But I didn't even have the strength to die for my country. Ah, Gods, dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.>

Leon put his jacket back on. <There is no longer any place for one such as me in this world. I lost the sunlight, my kingdom, my powers and now maybe myself. It was one thing to lose my humanity, but I lost nearly all the advantages first gained when losing that most important of things.>

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Roneri smiled as she stood between Setsaki and his blade. "What do you mean? Do I feel the fear of death?" She laughed. She glanced back to him, "I've died once before and I'll do it again just to get what I want." She said, arrogantly. She placed her hand on his and pulled him forwards in front of her. As he flew forwards, she right hooked him in the jaw. She looked at him hautily, "Dont be such a fool. I'm stronger, and I don't waste my time with humans." She said, keeping her eyes on him as she followed Darius.

12. Kamui

Setsaki stared at her, "Do you feel it? Do you see it? Do you hear it?

And so for comith my deciples,
    vanquish this world from the hells.
    Come, Come, come to your king.
    Let gather in the halls where my bells sing.
    "

Setsaki looked at Roneri, "Do you see? Do you feel? Do you hear?"

13. Athena

Athena blinked and said, "Fine, I will not return to them instead I will go to a safe house. I have things I need to gather, I promise you that I will not go back to the fight."

Athena then removed a necklace from her throat and held it out to Asu. "I will be coming back for this. This is to prove that I will not go back to them."

Then Athena waited for Asu's response.

14. Meaikoh

<I'm weak. I won't be good for much if this sickness of mind continues on too long. I'm too guilty and my hands are too stained to be part of the lives of those that are decent. I am only fit to be a killer now. How can I redeem myself?>

Leon stalked down the street, self-deprecating as he went. <Nobody to save now. The streets are dead. Where can I find someone who will listen without judging? I don't want redemption from hands mortal or immortal.>

The once-proud race of humans had been reduced to living among the shadows...and Leon was a shadow. He had no real skills, no bravery, no heart. His sole purpose at first was to survive just to spite Darius. Now, he had a different goal in mind.

<Oh, how the mighty have fallen,> thought Leon bitterly. He reached into a pocket in the lining of his coat and took out a heavy gold ring. <Denmark's seal. It will never be used again for royal purposes.>

Leon started to toss it away, but then stopped. He returned the seal to his pocket. <Odi et amo.>

Leon put his hand to his forehead. < Quos deus vult perdere prius dementat. I feel sick. I need to rest.>

15. Nepthys

Nepthys New Member

Asu looked at the necklace than back at the girl. Turning her head ever so slightly she gazed in the direction of the Yamamorii HQ. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath,Damn this naive girl. Does she not understand what she does? Opening her eyes she lowered her gun, turning on the safety and placing it in her holster. As if they were a signal she heard gun fire's, one of which was the unmistakable fire of Yarrol's antique gun. She grabbed Athena's hand and curled her hand into a ball. Then, despite all logic and thought, she fell to one knee. It was compulsive, so unlike herself, what she did now.

"Athena, till I have delivered you to one of the safe houses, I am at your service. To protect." She felt as if the Mother herself had placed a hand on her, "From yourself if need be. To you journey's end." She didn't understand, even wondered if a spell was being cast. She knew better: she would've sensed it, like she did the spells going on in the fight. Asu slowly stood, and she pulled a string out. She grinned ruefully,"You have surely cast a spell over me to make me act so foolishly."

Her slender fingers moved gracefully along the strings, one hand formed characters and the other made knots. She felt some of her energy seep out of her. She sank a little, then looked at Athena. She explained quietly, "I set a ward for about thirty paces around us, if anything crosses it, I will know. I also made a ward of Sight, so we are not seen. This will be a beacon to anyone who is a Yamamorii mage." She bowed, almost mockingly,"Lead the way, and I will follow. Where are we going?"

16. Meaikoh

<Odi et amo...> he thought one more time. Then, Leon stumbled, and finally collapsed in the middle of the street, unconscious.

17. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Roneri sneered at him, "All I hear..." She said, turning her back to him, "Is an old poem of old times." She said, assuming that it was, due to the fact that she had never heard it before. She started to walk to Darius, landing one more glance at Setsaki. She sighed in pity,
    Either he's going crazy or that was just plain weird.....she thought to herself.
    She looked at Darius from where she stood, yellow light reflecting from her red eyes. For a moment she actually looked her real age, standing straight and tall. She wasn't looking at him for approval, it's was more like an empty stare. She shook it off and walked over to him again.

18. Akasha

Akasha New Member

As Vencil knelt on the rooftop, he began to feel that something was wrong. Terribly wrong.
    He was breathing heavily, and the bullet wound was still bleeding. Then he realized why.
    <The Yamamorii bullet... Deadly to a vampire even if it misses the heart...> He slowly stood, wobbling a bit, but regaining his balance. <Only a Yamamorii can fix it...> He could feel himself losing energy by the second. <I must find the one that shot me... Even if they kill me then, it won't matter... I'll at least have more of a chance at living then I would staying here...> He walked to the edge of the rooftop, and jumped off. When he hit the ground, he stumbled, and fell. When he got up, he began moving as quickly as he could back to where the fight had, and still was, taking place...

19. Athena

Athena's smile faded slightly and then she said, "I did not put a spell on you, I do not know how and I may be naive but I do know when someone is mocking me. I am headed to my old house to get a couple of things.... and if I find out either of my two friends were killed, I will hunt down the one who killed them... they were rebelling against Darius and did not wish to use the human race as Darius did... in a lot of ways they were trying to do the same thing that you are."

20. Old_Coyote

Old_Coyote New Member

Darius watched as Roneri and Setsaki fought, <If this is all they send to kill an entire horde of vampires they aren't as numerous as I would have hoped.> He didn't interfere because Roneri was handling herself fine.

Roneri turned from Setsaki and started towards Darius. As she looked back at Setsaki, Darius said, "Leave the poet recite his verse. He surely isn't a threat to us. Maybe he could kill lesser beings but not those with skills such as ours. Besides his meter's off."

He turned to what remained of his hunting party. "Norbert, Percy, Clarence, Sheldon, find the vampire who killed your brothers. Darien, Aki, Roneri, we should try to trace whoever used the light rune. They will lead us straight to the Yamamorii."

He went to where he thought the light rune came from. He smelled something in the air and started to follow the scent.