RPG Archives Vampire Reign II - [RPG In-Game] Vampire Reign

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kamui, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Leon fidgeted nervously, which was very out of character for him. He took out a throwing knife and weighed it in his hand.

<Athena...Jeg skam lad være kende hvad hen til lave. Behage, lad være lade mig lave til,> he thought in Danish, then Latin. <Ego postulo suus futurus tutus.>

"Athena, take this," he said, handing her the throwing knife. "Something evil this way comes...It seems to be of Vampiric origin."

Leon felt his anger build up inside. His barely suppressed instincts flared once more. The desire to rip, kill, tear and sate his everlasting hunger was intoxicating.

2. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Vencil found the source of the scent of blood. An old house, that seemed to have been abandond for a couple of years. He could see the source of the blood through the walls, throbbing, drawing him closer.
    <blooooooooooodddd........>
    He ran at one of the windows, attempting to break in, but a strange energy barrier repelled him.
    <"A vampire can not enter a house uninvited."> He cursed himself for having forgotten this, and let out a scream of rage, loud enough to be heard for many blocks.

3. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

"Vencil, what's the matter? Are you hurt?" Athena asked seeing him from the doorway. She placed the knife in an easy to reach place on her belt and said, "Come on in.... let me just clean up my cut and I'll get some stuff to tend to you." She then headed towards the kitchen.

4. Akasha

Akasha New Member

In a way, Vencil was surprised that he had just been invited in, but he took advantage of it. As he entered, he waited for the girl to turn around to go off and get bandages, and he grabbed her. He opened his mouth, and prepared to bite her.

5. Meaikoh

Leon lept up to Athena's defense. "Ja få has på jer! Leave her!"

Leon knocked Vencil's head aside. "Control yourself! You have no idea how hard this is for me right now...But draw inner strength from yourself!"

Leon had two throwing knives in his hand almost instantaneously. "You're already wounded, don't make it worse. Don't make me make it worse. Athena will help you, but I have something against biting your host."

Leon took aim. <I don't want to have to do this.>

6. Athena

Athena fumbled with the knife that Leon had given her. She then somehow managed to reopen the cut on her arm as she tried to prepare herself to protect herself. She gasped and thought, "Vencil let me go please."

7. Meaikoh

Leon, already close to Athena, was unable to stop himself when he saw her blood flow once more. No coherent thought passed through his mind, just hunger.

Leon bit deep into Athena's neck, all reasoning gone. He drank her life's blood. Suddenly, he broke away as he had before. It was too late, Athena was close to death. He could hear her heart slowing down. He covered his mouth with his hand. "Oh no...Oh..."

<ALDOUX! You have to save her! Give her blood to drink! You can still save her!>

Leon shook his head. He had to decide quickly. <She will be damned forever...just so that I can clear my conscience...And yet, here is one more thing I must atone for. But I cannot allow her to die. I still have to give her this cursed half-life, if I can.>

Leon took a dagger and made a small slit in his wrist. He let the drops slide down Athena's throat. <What have I done?>

8. Athena

Athena felt herself growing weaker and weaker and she realized that it wasn't Vencil drinking her blood but Leon and she thought, "Leon... if it had to be anyone I'd rather it be you."

Then Athena felt herself begin to become stronger and she was changing... she then realized just how much Leon didn't want her dead and felt warmed and with that feeling still in her heart she closed her eyes knowing that the next time she opened them she would have been changed forever and her hand somehow found it's way into Leon's as she drifted into sleep.

9. Meaikoh

Leon felt Athena's soft touch on his hand. He knelt beside her. His cut had stopped bleeding and was already beginning to close off. He drew his hand away from hers. <No. I don't deserve forgiveness.>

He picked her up and lay her on the couch, holding off sobs inside. He never once even glanced at Vencil. He closed his eyes.
    <I have...never killed someone like this before...Never before have I turned a human into something they were never meant to be. I've never created another vampire.>

Leon couldn't bring himself to look at Athena's prone form either. <En anden last på mig skulder. I would have to live this life a thousand times over to pay for all that I've done. All the tears I was too afraid to shed...All the things I've never done nor said. Things could have been different.>

Leon began to stare blankly at the wall, retreating into the furthest recesses of his mind. It was the opposite of the street now. His mind was inactive while his body was active, as opposed to before, when his mind had been hypersensitive and he had been unable even to open his eyes. <Athena's blood saved me that time. I paid her back by damning her for all time.>

10. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Setsaki waked up, unable to sleep.

"Hmmm, those fools." He said as he searched his room.

He got up and went down the hall and into a weaponry, where all sorts of swords, knives, throwing knives, and whatnot were all assembled. Each of them with a silver blade.

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Roneri approached the final building. She looked on the door.
    If this was a Yamamori hide out, then she'd have to be at her strongest. She could smell human all over the area, and especially here. The smiled, "I'm coming in." She said, loud enough for them to here.
    But what made her think the most was that one smell, one in particular, was familiar. Obviously, the human girl that was with Leon was here.
    That thought made her grin even more. If that were true, they'd have answers. Answers as to where the girl was and maybe even to where Leon was. After all, the blood she had smelt earlier may have been something else.
    Roneri put a hand on the door. She sighed and took a step back. She looked at the door for a few minutes.
    It's thick. But not very. She thought, Not too hard...
    In seconds she had kicked the door down and was searching through the building. The smell of human growing stronger with every step.

12. Old_Coyote

Old_Coyote New Member

Darius found the house from where the smell came from. He looked at the open door. It was tantalizing, tempting excruciating. But by his very nature he could not enter the house of a human.

He could not enter but went to the threshold. He watched the scene inside. After it was done and Leon stared blankly at the wall, Darius spoke. "I see you have finally turned someone, tener procer. Your first time, if I'm not mistaken. It's amazing, your resolve. But you can't deny your nature."

The house no longer belonging to a human, Darius entered. "It's quite an experience. Empowering, isn't it?" He said. "To change the very essence of life, to destroy it and recreate it, making it your own."

13. Meaikoh

Leon made no reply. He continued to stare at the wall. Inside the shelter of his mind, he had returned to Denmark.

Leon, younger here, sits in a high-backed chair, shedding tears. A loud voice announces to the Kingdom that:
    "The King is dead! Længe opholde sig den Konge!"

Leon rose slowly, and seemed to stare through Darius. "Where is my mother? Who is my mother?"

Leon is working hard at his lessons, a quill in his hand. A candle flickers on his desk, barely lighting up the stone-walled room. He is writing an essay about Mythology. Specifically, the myth of the blood-fiends.

Leon grabbed Darius' wrist. "It is important for a king to know the mind of his enemies."

Leon let go of Darius' wrist.

A tall man is standing in the doorway. "Mig Prins, this is your new tutor and the Kingdom's Regent up until the time that you are of age."

Leon clutched at his neck absently, still staring blankly, making a sound of negation in his throat. "Nnnng..."

The man shook his hand. "My name is Darius."

14. Kamui

Setsaki walked put up the weapons and walked over to the building that had Darius and company inside.

Without being noticed, he slipped into the house silently, and sat down in a chair and waited.

15. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Vencil fell to his knees. He slowly began to realize what had happened, that his hunger had overcome him. Then the pain came. A pain that he had never felt before.
    <I'm dying...>
    He clutched at his shoulder, where the flow of blood had slowed substantially. There wasn't much left of it to flow. He only vaguely realized what the man had just done the girl. That he had bestowed upon he the gift of eternal damnation.
    <There's only one way in which I can possibly live now... perhaps it will work...>
    He fell to the ground, and was completely still as he tried to gather the energy required for what would possibly be his final act. He closed his eyes, concentrating.
    <I hope they can figure out what to do...>
    With that thought, his skin began to change color, turning grey. He opened his eyes one last time, seeing the man trying to comfort the girl.
    <Love.>
    And his eyes turned grey. He had turned into stone, preserving the few drops of blood left in him. so that perhaps the others would have time to find a way to cure him. He hoped so.

16. Athena

Athena blinked and opened her eyes. She knew she was now a vampiress and she looked from Leon to Darius, who was now in her home somehow. She sprang up and saw Leon was deep in his thoughts and she knew that he wouldn't be able to protect her nor the statue that was now Vencil.

"Darius, I know that I can't defeat you but I won't let you get to Leon as long as I can help it. It was not his fault. Only my naive foolishness is to blame for what happened." Athena said. She picked up the knife Leon had given her and said, "I do not know for what causes you want Leon for but I know that I can't allow you to take him... I will fight you to my last breath to prevent it."

17. Kamui

Setsaki watched at these strange beings. As he watched, he pulled out a silver throwing knive and aimed it at Athena. Bent on killing her and finishing his mission!

18. Akasha

Akasha New Member

Somehow, even though he had self-petrified, Vencil realized that he was somehow still aware of his surroundings.
    <How is it that I am still aware...?
    Darius... He's here... The girl... Trying to protect the both of us... A futile effort... She can never win... Unless... A vampire with Yamamorii blood... I can still smell it... Irony at it's best...>

19. Meaikoh

Leon surveyed the now-crowded room...

Leon surveyed the crowded room. Everywhere he looked, ladies of the court and gentlemen of state stood, sat, or danced. Leon himself was standing in the middle left part of the room.

He was staring at the beautiful lady accross the room. <Gods...look at her...>

A polite cough pulled Leon from his reverie. He turned. It was Darius, accompanied by a man Leon had never seen before. This man was peculiar...but Leon couldn't place it. It hit him. His eyes were an odd shade of red. This man must be an albino. Leon had never met one before, but his courtly duties and deeply ingrained politeness wouldn't allow him to stare for too long. "Hello, Sir Darius. Who is your guest?"

Leon looked once more through Darius. "Who is your guest?"

It is later on in the evening, we can tell because the atmosphere is more relaxed, and some of the guests are more than a little inebriated. Leon again stands alone. He is watching the lady once more. <O goddess, would that I knew your name.>

The lady looks back accross the room at him, meeting his gaze with a coquettish smile. She seems to be inviting him over.

Leon, shocked, but regaining his composure, crosses the room. "Hello, fair lady. What is the name mere mortals call thee?"

The lady, scarcely a maiden, giggles. "My name is Merrill."

"Ah, and Merry you seem. I am Leon."

"You are the Prince of Denmark. I mark it well."

Leon took Athena's hand. "Scarcely have I been met with such frank honesty and beauty all at once."

"Scarcely have I been met with such frank honesty and beauty all at once."

"You flatter me, milord.
    Jeg tak for lån."

Leon smiled at Athena.

It is now months later...another party. Many are the people. Leon is already talking with Merrill, the girl he met at another party, not so long ago. It is after the party now. He looks at her, turns her head up and kisses her deeply and with passion.

Leon turned Athena's head up and kissed her deeply. After a good moment, Leon's eyes flew wide open. "Athena?!"

20. Athena

Athena's eyes had widened when Leon had kissed her and when he had been acting all weird before that. Now that the kiss had passed she thought to him, "I don't know why you did that but I... Leon in case you didn't notice, Darius is here."

She then somehow managed to keep the next thought to herself, "Oh God I hope that that kiss wasn't just a fluke and due to his different state of mind at the moment."