Recreation I Call it "The Karma Phase"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orion, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Either that, I just really like it. I come here all the time from either boredom or checking up on something. Ain't nothing wrong in coming here for boredom. Part of the reason it's here actually.

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It's pretty obvious, I think, but to me, BJP is like a home. It means the most to me, it's more important to me, than any other place, even if there are others I have grown to enjoy more. BJP, to me, is the place that I feel most comfortable, it's a place I feel welcome at, and even though I don't always get along with everyone, I still find that I'd rather be here than anywhere else.

I think it's simply because my life on BJP, is so much more like life in reality, than any other forum I go to.

3. Orion

Orion Gears

Rephrase that a little and you get BJP is my life. :p I love coming here because the people are nice and no one bugs anyone else. We're all just friends here.

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Did I deny that in any way? :p

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Really now... your physical attraction to this place is starting to weird me out.

._.

Are we still talking about Karma? What more is there to discuss? I'm not sure I see where all this is going...

~W

6. Orion

Orion Gears

Yes, I think we're still talking about karma, but in an off-topic like way. Let's say we are diversely talking about karma.

._.

Yeah that's it.

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Indeed. I think it's time to start getting back on topic. A way to do it is to say that anyone that stays off topic after this may earn some bad Karma.

Lots of things about Karma have been said, twice even.

Anyways, I don't think it really matters. You either get it or you don't.

-Seishin

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Oh, there's all sorts of ways to get bad karma, and good karma. I don't think giving bad karma for posting off topic is justified, however, when the topic is mostly adhered to and an offtopic part is included in the post, or when the post adds to the discussion despite not being related. (Case in point being Wertitis's rant against Bush in a thread Jedimdo and I were discussing SMJ in, you'd have to read it to know what I mean, but I think the thread got deleted)

As one example, I know that a good way to get bad karma is to act like a moderator when you aren't one. That's something I've tried to avoid- some situations are impossible to, though. That's when it's best to just leave it alone, eh? I know I trust the moderators in their capacity to do their jobs, so I don't feel much need to comment on something they need to do. If necessary I report the post and go on with it.

Please explain this?

9. Orion

Orion Gears

Oh come on, you know what we're talking about. :p

Yeah, there's always an off topic post in every thread. But that's what makes us all so diverse on BJP, there's always someone to ruin your discussion with something totally unrelated. God I love this place. :)

10. Reisti Skalchaste

I know what you mean, I just don't understand why it weirds him out. :p

Not all of them ruin threads though, sometimes they happen, and sometimes they provide insight into something, even if it seems unrelated. Posts that would normally be considered spam due to their length and/or relativity have been valuable to threads in the past, and certainly it shouldn't be outright forbidden if you ask me. Ya gotta encourage discussion, not discourage it, right?

Edit: As far as being active not equalling spam, I think I proved it again today. XD I posted 15 times so far since this time last night.

11. Orion

Orion Gears

Of course, in some instances, off topic posts are necessary. If a good thread is going nowhere, someone can sprak conversation again and save the thread. So it's sometimes good, sometimes bad. I wonder if off topic posters recieve more good/bad karma.

Edit; Anyone can post as much as you can in one day Rag, like, oh say, me? :p

12. Reisti Skalchaste

It's a case by case issue, isn't it? If I went and posted in this thread 'OH IM L33T 4 NO REASON' I'd get bad karma, right? But posting like this, talking about how you'd go about getting karma, even though it's not *exactly* the topic, is considerably better (although I haven't gotten any good karma from it yet :)) I think that if a post is going to be off topic, it should at least have some relation to the given topic, although I also think it's alright if it drifts a bit and goes a bit off course (as an example, [thread=18545]this[/thread] thread got kinda off topic, but the conversation was useful in more ways than one)

I don't think anyone's really nazi enough to close a thread the second it goes off topic, and I've had experience with splitting threads that had bad results, here and elsewhere.

Prove it. :p

13. Orion

Orion Gears

If you're talking about karma and how it affects you, you're on topic in my opinion. And yes, I would prove it, if you weren't a thousand or so posts ahead of me. :p

14. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I believe we were questioning it's purpose and talking of being of topic.

15. Orion

Orion Gears

Yeah, what he said. Well, here's some karma news for you all: I have just achieved four lil' blocks of karma. ;) I am so happy. I feel so honored. Now, I need like, 5 or 6 more to catch up to Ciel. :rolleyes: That's another affect of karma, it can affect your mood. When you get good karma, you feel good, when you get bad karma, you feel bad.

16. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Since we're celebrating achievements, I got my third one. Lookin' for that fourth. Now, back to discussion, away! *flies off*

17. Reisti Skalchaste

*coughsevencough*

And only 143 points to eight. :p

18. Orion

Orion Gears

Quit braggin'. :p Seriously, we should have a prize for the person that has the highest amount of karma.

"Congratulations, you've won a BJP pillowcase!"

Ragnarok: "Yes! YES!!! OH GOD YES!"

BakaMattSu: "He so cheated, I swear.

19. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Strange enough, I'm sure everyone could see that happening. Sorry Rag, haha!

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Nah, whatever you guys say, my obsession with this place has seemed to weaken somewhat. My last journal entry kinda explains why.

Anyway I don't have anywhere near the highest karma. I'm like, 9th. It's harder to catch up in karma than it is in posts. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.