Debate The Banning Thread (formerly NephX's Ban)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roffey, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Actually, Hex, there's been a lot of whining and crying, we've just
    pruned it out. ;)

- Ark

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

You're such a bad liar .. I never even posted in that thread. Why would I joke about someone who thinks that he'll die.
    :mad:

sometimes you disappoint me ...

3. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Neph wants this topic to be closed, you people are making him look bad :p

I'm not going to close it, seeing as to how I've already decided to not close any debate topics.

However, from this point on, anything that is not on topic and civil will be deleted without warning or editting.

- Ark

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Maybe we should change this thread into a general ban thread. Ark, it sounds like Neph would like it closed, but maybe we can direct attention to something else? I don't think this thread is like the other debate threads either, so perhaps make an exception.

5. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I could be wrong,Hex,but it actually still says that Blood_Phoenix is banned.Whatever.Maybe he hasn't returned yet.

Wow.Excuse me if I don't sound civil ,but you sound like you're starting to think that you're hot ****.All due respect to you,Ark.I think you're doing a bang-up job.But I think it's kind of an unfair thing to threaten people with power you should consider your self privelidged to have.Just take it easy.It hasn't even begun to get out of hand.Thank's for listening.:)

6. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Blood Phoenix was banned and unbanned like 3 times, and has as far as I know been perma-banned.

As for thinking I'm hot ****, sorry if I gave that impression :p I was merely pretty pissed off at the number of people wandering into the debates forum thinking they could just flame people, and wanted to give a stern warning against that. Specifically, it's very unfair that Matt be targetted like he has been. I've had to delete at least 20 posts out of this thread that basically said 'Cloud/BMS/Other Moderators, we hate you because you banned Neph. Please Die.', without adding any reasoning or explanation. Just flat out flames. I'm not trying to be above people, I'm just trying to enforce the rules that Bloodberry and I set out in The Law. We like having a debate forum, and we're not going to let it degenerate into flamefests and insult slinging ;)

And Seraphim, you're right, I'll change the topic title here in a min to more accurately reflect the subject of the debate.

- Ark

7. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Sorry about the misunderstanding,Ark.I agree that people have started to flame.Continue doing your job.;) Now we don't really have anything to talk about in this thread until someone else gets banned.:p

8. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Agreed.

Any volunteers? ^_^

- Ark

9. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

:sweat2: from what i have gotten in this post, and correct me if im wrong Ark, he was spamming a whole lot and scaring off newbies. But if that isnt right then im sorry for saying it....

Hotaru:D

10. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Pretty much. Re-read Matt's posts, he goes into detail.

- Ark

11. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Hey,Ark.I was wondering if you knew the exact date that Neph was banned.I'd like to prove a point.:)

12. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Oy. Offhand, no, but give me a bit to check.

[edit]The first post in this thread was on 7-7-03, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess 7-4-03 or 7-5-03. [/edit]

[further edit]Neph really wishes you wouldn't pursue this, BC[/further edit]

- Ark

13. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Ok,thanks.I just wanted to adress nightwarrior's "need" to have Neph back.Ok,so according to this info I have:nightwarrior joined on June 28 and Neph was banned around July 4.That makes 7 days for him to have "known" Neph.And Neph only posted 5 times during that time.Hmmm.......:rolleyes:

[Edit: This isn't about Neph as much as it is nightwarrior's questionable behavior.My appologies to NephX.]

14. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

lol, good point :p I just had to delete 2 threads that asked questions that could have easily been answered by reading the thread.

- Ark

15. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I did help answer those any way... right? assuming that Night Warrior didnt read the other posts....

Hotaru

16. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

shouldn't the one that was having an argument with nephilim x also get banned

17. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Can anyone give me some links to why Urei_Sama was banned?

18. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Well,Kame told me it was because of a lot of spamming in the Cowboy Bebop forum.I agree.But I am sorry that he was banned.:(

19. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

Well we're at it, no one seems to be able to tell me why DarkMagicianGrl was banned. If anyone knows please tell me.

[edit] and since this no longer appears to be a debates thread, maybe it's tim to move it?[/edit]

20. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I wasn't a mod when it happened, but I'll bet that the fact that she has a lower IQ than many inanimate objects was a big factor.

- Ark