Debate The Banning Thread (formerly NephX's Ban)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roffey, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Haha Ark
    still being mean :D

anyway why was Zero banned? she was cool.
    Ill debate that and keep the debate open :D

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Hello FOLKS! I Just have a Chance to come a look at whats going on today.. And Wow I go away For 3 weeks and the PLace Goes INsane..

Bans Bans Bans.. Got to love them.. And frankly I agree with Every ONE of them.. Well Not Blue Crows.. Nice Litle Joke he pulled though..

And through E-mail ive been hearing horror Stories about BMS.. but After reading a few posts about the Neph-X ban.. I have to Take his Side and Say yeah he did what was right..

So anyway HAVE fun children and try and stop your complaining!

I go Back to Not being online NOW!

KaMe~!

3. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I don't know who Zero is, nor why he/she is banned, sorry Basher.

- Ark

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Zero_Enna is immeasurably stupid. If you put her in a room with a door that said pull, but only opened outwards, chances are she'd starve to death. That is judging only by her posts though.

5. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Further proof of why Urei_Sama was banned:

http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbullet...page=15&highlight=spike and Faye&pagenumber=1

At least both my posts in the thread were warning them.This thread is basically a 3 page conversation between Urei_Sama and Yasuko.Yep.Spam would be an understatement.

Nice,DL:p .No offense towards Zero_Enna,but her posts weren't the most intelligent.She spammed like a mother****er.That's why she was banned.

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

A typically 13 year old's behaviour. What else do you expect from people like these who's intention is to become famous through mindless posts.

For a brighter future, we must rid these incompetents...

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Which is unfortunate. I feel like I've lost whatever credibility I've had with much of the general public because I decided to crack down on a single individual.

As one of the administrators, I have a lot of activity to manage board-wide. I do a lot of behind the scenes work as well as open activity. It seems, though, that as soon as I make one single decision that seems irrational to a particular member base, that I'm suddenly blacklisted. Everything that goes wrong suddenly gets thrusted in my general direction, and I'm willing to put up with it.

Moderators had the power to ban for some time - a few took that opportunity to exercise their banning powers on individuals who stressed their limits. I had nothing to do with those.

We've fixed that issue and rolled back the Mods to no longer have banning powers. Another workable solution is in the works of being scripted. From this moment on, though, you can safely hurl the blame in my direction.

Those who do know me, know I'm generally a forgiving, nice guy. I let people get away with things here and there, because I understand everyone's only human - usersuchnsuch is new to the boards, they only need getting used to how they work, or usersoandso just didn't see that sticky FAQ post there. I've built up a tolerance, and I'm not so ready to slap on a banning or even a warning within reason.

No intended offense to the following mods: I'm not an "impatient newbie crackdown artist" like DrunkLeprachaun or KaMeKaZi. I'm not on the "spam police team" with Zanza and *_ToOmAa_*. And I'm not a "perfectionist controller" like Hexerei.

I'm just me. And I happen to be one of the higher-ups around to maintain order around here, so we don't get the awful junk you see in so many public boards.

If you have a problem, I'll willingly listen - I'm open to suggestions. We have a whole board for those.

In closing, I'd just like to say I'm not the "hardass" or "prick" so many think I am. I've tolerated many cases in the past where other team members thought me nuts.

That's about all I have to say, I suppose.
    BakaMattSu,
    Admin

<Don't I get to be part of the Spam Police? :p - Ark>

8. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I wasnt intending to use it in the first place, but

:rolleyes: lol you're making us sound bad. I merge, move, edit , delete spam. Isnt it a mod's job?
    ok no offence to you, but if you're not one of those groups. I'll tell you what group to relate to. . . oh wait I wont stoop that low

Just a note to you: Dont bash the people that support you ...

*hmm this spam police uniform looks good on me :p*

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

As per above, it wasn't a "bashing". I was just pointing out how less conformist I tend to be - letting spam go now and then. The "spam police" take their jobs very seriously and often issue warnings without leniance.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? No.

10. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

This is interesting.We're getting to see the human side of Bakamattsu.Humans get angry.You can only take so much before you stop being nice.:)

As for the upset mods:

Kamekazi and DL:Are just those type of guys.They are just used to not taking any ****.

Toomaa and Zanza:The "Spam Police" nickname isn't necessarily a bad thing.It just means that you do your jobs more thoroughly than others.

Hexerei:I think you are very friendly and kind,but BMS has a point.Out of the small number of posts I've made in the Sailor Moon forum,most have been deleted because they had a dash of sexual inuendo.It's not like they weren't on topic.It's almost like you get bored sometimes,so you just delete posts that have the slightest trace of being offensive.

He was putting you in different types of moderators.Not making fun of you.At least that was my interpretation.Or I'm really confused.:p

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Exactly, When I looked at that meaning deeper, found it pretty funny!! Because I am one!! And damn proud of it!! lol

12. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Blue Crow: Yeah, BMS is human, makes mistakes, gets mad, just like everyone else. Given the amount of authority he has on the boards, however, I think he's been admirably restrained in his excersize of that authority. I didn't agree with banning Neph at first, but BMS had plenty of reason, and I can see why he did it. Other than that minor disagreement, I think he's been doing a great job as an administrator.

- Ark

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Exactly. I never claimed to be perfect, either. In fact I was pointing out how I was less diligent then a number of Moderators. Zanza, you, and Toma are far better caretakers than I, and it shows in how actively you keep your boards..

14. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Hey, I think that every mod here is good at what they do! Yall are awsome!

The Spam Police(Zanza, Tooma)= You really shouldnt take offense at that, I would consider it a compliment. Its kinda catchy too...

Impatient Newbie Crackdown Artist(DrunkLeprachaun,KaMeKaZi)= I think that is good too... Newbies should have like there own mods that can tolerate dumb questions... i know i sure cant..

Perfectoin whatever (Hex)= You shouldnt take offense by that either, You should say "Yeah!!! Thats right!!! I like things perfect and in order!!!"

But I cant... LOL... but it would be kinda fun to be a a mod...

Every person has some ups and some downs, come on guys... dont let this tear us apart!!!

BakaMattSu... You know how you said you have lost i lot of popularity??? I still Like you!!!!

Cmon now, all the mods and admins are great.

15. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Except Bloodberry. I've never liked that girl. :p

- Ark

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

losing popularity and love from some goes hand in hand with being an admin, even a moderator. I mean how many times have you hated your parents and wanted to kill them? but they are always looking out for you and your best interests (in most cases).

but the present issue is the naming of names. I mean, maybe next time just say:

"I'm not an "impatient newbie crackdown artist" or on the "spam police team" or even a "perfectionist controller" like some moderators here can be."

it would make life easier and save some heart-ache, ne?

17. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I may misunderstood what he meant by putting "spam police" between "impatient newbie crackdown artist" and "perfectionist controller". I dont want to re-open this ridiculous topic again, but I still want to voice my opinion. Why say something when you know it might be offensive? I took it as a joke in the beginning, but then i was inraged. It seemed to me that you're shifting the blame, which you are by using those funny name callings. I agree with Seraphim, why go through the trouble my including names. If somebody thought you were talking about them, Im sure they would ask you privatley. But if you put it out in the open, where people would intercept it in different ways, thus the problem occurs. Now people would think that our ways are too strict or primitave and they would hold it against us, because the admin said that about us.

Well its in the past, and I cant do anything about it except...

/me wears spam officer uniform

nice save

Hmm ok lets see Ill try to go back to the topic, banning hmmmm
    I have nothing to say except that to me m2a is much better now than how it was in the past. So I guess we wont be having a lot of bans anymore ^_^; I hope

18. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Forgive me if i sound stupid or out of place... but was Modeth really banned?

19. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

No, he is not.

- Ark

20. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I lost track. What's being debated on here, now?